- $ 569.00 Regular
- $ 369.00 Full time student
- $ 369.00 Full Time Faculty
- $ 459.00 Facility
KT1 Fundamental Concepts, Screening/Muscle Test, & Muscle Applications
(To be taken in conjunction with KT2)
The KT1 course is designed to introduce practitioners to the Kinesio Taping® Method. Over the course of this 8 hour class, the instructor will discuss the fundamental concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method and the unique properties and use of Kinesio® Tex Tape. During lab sessions, attendees will have ample time to practice screening and muscle testing created for the enhancement of your KT skills and muscle applications for both the upper and lower body. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the Kinesio Taping Method to relax overuse syndromes, stimulate weak muscles, and decrease pain and swelling. In addition to instruction provided by a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI), the attendee will receive 2 full-color Kinesio Taping Workbooks (KT1 Workbook 1) to augment their training. Each attendee also receives 60 day membership to the Kinesio Taping® Association which includes access to a reference data base.
KT2 Advanced Concepts & Corrective Technique
(Pre-requisite, completion of KTA approved KT1 course)
The KT2 course builds on material learned in KT1. During this 8 hour class, the instructor will introduce the six Corrective Techniques (Mechanical, Functional, Space, Fascia, Ligament/Tendon, and Lymphatic) and discuss their application in a variety of clinical conditions. During lab sessions, attendees will have ample time to practice applying these techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the KT Method to orthopedic & neurological conditions. Attendees will receive Workbook 2 (KT Correctional Techniques and Clinical Applications) to augment their training.
KT1 & KT2 Course Objectives:
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
Correctly describe the fundamental concepts of Kinesio Taping Method
- Accurately describe the unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method correctly to relax and stimulate muscles
- Correctly apply the 5 corrective techniques of the Kinesio Taping Method in guided laboratory sessions
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method correctly for pain, swelling, joint mobility, and stability
- Correctly apply Kinesio Taping techniques for treatment of select clinical conditions using the concepts and principals of the Kinesio Taping Method
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping® seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP.