What is a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP):
The letters CKTP stand for Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner. In earning and maintaining your CKTP status you are demonstrating your commitment to the highest standards of patient care within the only globally recognized modality for health professionals. Those letters “CKTP” after a name ensure confidence that the practitioner has undergone the necessary training to integrate Kinesio Taping in to their practice.
4 Easy Step to be a CKTP:
Benefits of becoming a CKTP:
- Expand your scope of practice and your income while treating patients with a valuable and effective modality.Make yourself an outstanding candidate in a competitive job market.
- Enjoy the option of being recognized and listed by name and location on the Kinesio website for patient referral.
- Increase earning potential by teaching other health professionals to become Certified Kinesio Taping Technicians, with a little additional education
- Receive discounts on Kinesio products.
- Apply to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI). Complete the instructor training program and earn extra income teaching others the Kinesio Taping® Method.
- Add the globally recognized credential of CKTP and logo to your business card and website.
- Promote your professional practice and the Kinesio Taping Method alongside us at various events.
- Help us conduct research, and present case studies at International Kinesio Taping Symposiums.
- Submit articles of interest to our quarterly membership publication, Advance Healing.
Requirements to become a CKTP:
- Have an account on KinesioTaping.com.
- Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP, Paramedics, Kinesiotherapist and Kinesiologists.
- Complete Kinesio Taping Assessments, Fundamental Concepts and Techniques and Advanced Techniques and Clinical Reasoning Approved Seminars.
- Pass online CKTP Exam with 80% or higher.
- Sign the online CKTP Certification Mark License Agreement.
- The CKTP Certification Mark License Agreement goes hand in hand with certification and membership. It was implemented to protect the valuable and hard-earned CKTP credentials of our practitioners and to ensure they are only used by Kinesio® certified practitioners. It also is to provide those practitioners with the ability to promote their clinics, their practice, and their expertise in the Kinesio Taping Method.
- Maintain KTAI annual membership (Any level is acceptable for certification).
- As a certifying organization, the KTAI is required to maintain an ongoing relationship and monitoring of our certified practitioners. With no annual re-certification requirement at this time, this is achieved through the membership system. A membership with the KTAI allows us to continue to update practitioners with the latest news, advancements and research relating to the Kinesio Taping Method via our member newsletters and Advance Healing Magazine.
“If you want to describe yourself as an expert (and bill accordingly) you must earn the qualification to designate that expertise. If you’ve taken the seminars, the next step is to pass the exam and get certified. The public and other professionals will be able to trust your level of knowledge and proficiency, and you’ll have the option to be listed on the CKTP locator to promote that your clinic offers Kinesio Taping services.”
Scott Hainz, DC, CKTI
KTAI Professional Standards
KTAI has the right to refuse applicant if requirements for CKTP are not met. KTAI is constantly improving the Education System therefore the CKTP process may be subject to change and current CKTPs may be required to follow updated standards to maintain CKTP status.