Kinesio® Trademark Policy
All Kinesio® distributors are licensed to use the company’s inventory of registered trademarks during the term of their Agreements. Below is a list of the Kinesio® trademark inventory. Each mark is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and Federal law requires proper use of the registration symbol ®. Misuse of these trademarks, including infringement or use associated with the promotion of third-party products, may result in termination of your Agreement(s). Please use this list as your guide, noting the exact term and placement of the symbol:
CERTIFIED KINESIO TAPING®
CERTIFIED KINESIO TAPING PRACTITIONER®
KINESIO TAPING EQUINE®
Additionally, here are some guidelines for using these marks within product titles, descriptions and the like:
- Most importantly, ensure that the exact mark and placement of the registration symbol are being used correctly and in accordance with Federal trademark law.
Kinesio® introduces two new Kinesio Taping® products; Fan Cut® and Steri Pre-Cut® which are endorsed by Kinesio University® and its staff of CKTP® and CKTI® experts.
- Always begin the mark with a capital letter.
- Incorrect: kinesio
- Correct: Kinesio®, KINESIO®
- Avoid using any other terms when describing the Kinesio® brand (i.e. “KT”) in order to prevent confusion with competitor brands.
- Incorrect: KT Mechanical Correction
- Correct: Kinesio Taping® Mechanical Correction
- Avoid pairing the marks together as a single word (i.e. “Kinesiotaping”).
- Incorrect: Kinesiotape, kinesiotaping, kinesiotapes
- Correct: Kinesio® tape, Kinesio Taping® Method
- Avoid hyphenating the marks
- Incorrect: Kinesio-tape, Kinesio-Taping
- Correct: Kinesio® tape, Kinesio Taping®
- The Kinesio® trademark inventory should never be altered, modified or combined to form a new word, or combined with other words or marks, or abbreviated.
- Incorrect: KT tape, K tape, KT seminar, Kinesioseminar
- Correct: Kinesio® tape, Kinesio®
- Never use the phrase “Kinesio tape” as a verb.
- Incorrect: “You can kinesio tape that injury with this therapeutic tape”
- Correct: “You can use Kinesio® tape to help with that injury”
- When possible, follow the trademark with the generic name of the product or service. For example:
- Kinesio® tape
- Kinesio Taping® method
- Kinesio Taping® materials
- Kinesio Taping® therapy
- “Kinesio” by itself should only be used as a reference to the company.
- Kinesio® is located in Albuquerque, NM.
- Include the following notice in an appropriate and visible location when using the Kinesio® marks in any printed or electronic materials.
- KINESIO®, KINESIO TAPING®, CKTP®, and CERTIFIED KINESIO TAPING PRACTITIONER® are trademarks of Kinesio® IP, LLC.
- Location: at the bottom of a webpage, advertisement, catalog, brochure, etc.
- This notice need not be used on business cards or other materials where it is impractical to include it due to space limitations.
- Only use Kinesio’s logos in the forms provided by Kinesio
- Never modify the colors or proportions of the logos or apply other text to the logos without written authorization from Kinesio.