PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MAY BE USING THE NEW CURRICULUM IF YOUR SEMINAR DATE IS AFTER MAY 2017
KT3: Clinical Concepts and Advanced Whole Body Applications of the Kinesio Taping Method
(Prerequisite, completion of KTA approved KT1 and KT2 courses)
The KT3 course combines the Kinesio Taping Method foundational concepts of KT1&KT2 with advanced clinical concepts. The course provides lab time for attendees to practice their skills on the new concepts through a variety of clinical applications. The KT3 course is designed to allow the Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI) to cater specific clinical applications to address specific professions. Upon completion of this course and prerequisite KT1&KT2 seminar, attendees will be eligible to request and take the exam to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP). Note: Students can request to take the exam but will not be eligible to receive a CKTP certificate until they graduate.
- Review the basic concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method
- Explain and apply advanced concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method
- Review epidermis, dermis, and fascial anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping
- Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method to stimulate epidermis, dermis, and fascial response
- Apply advanced clinical taping techniques for treatment of the spine, neurological conditions, and upper/lower extremity dysfunction
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping® seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP.