PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MAY BE USING THE NEW CURRICULUM IF YOUR SEMINAR DATE IS AFTER MAY 2017
KT4 SPECIALTY PEDIATRIC CONCEPTS OF THE KINESIO TAPING METHOD
(Pre-requisite, completion of KTA approved KT1, KT2, and KT3 courses)
The KT4 Pediatric course is designed to provide advanced Kinesio Taping techniques and problem-solving to physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers, and other health professionals specializing in pediatrics. Kinesio Taping is a method of treatment for musculoskeletal and Myofascial disorders. Kinesio Taping can be used during physical activity and in conjunction with many therapeutic interventions. Attendees will review theory and basic taping techniques, learn advanced and combination techniques, and develop clinical reasoning skills relevant to the pediatric population. The course will also provide commonly used taping techniques for specific diagnoses, including cerebral palsy, hemiplegia, torticollis, and brachial plexus injury; as well as pediatric sports related injuries.
- Develop proficient knowledge of basic Kinesio Taping principles, properties, and techniques.
- Be able to identify three specific muscle synergies/patterns and Kinesio Taping techniques to facilitate muscle balance and alignment.
- Learn four advanced Kinesio Taping techniques.
- Become familiar with commonly used Kinesio Taping techniques for specific pediatric diagnoses.
- Be exposed to adjunctive treatment options for specific pediatric diagnosis.
- Be involved with problem solving strategies for treatment utilizing Kinesio Taping.
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping® seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP.